Monday, January 18, 2010

Help building a computer: Case sound ports and the sound card?

Hello,





I am building a computer for the first time and I'm shopping around for a case. On some of the cases, there are audio (headphone) ports on the front so you can plug in your headphones without going around back.





The problem is that I'm planning to buy a high-end sound card. So if I plug in my headphones to the case's front port, will they be connecting to the sound card or the ';onboard audio'; from the motherboard?Help building a computer: Case sound ports and the sound card?
You will have to plug the front ports into your sound cardHelp building a computer: Case sound ports and the sound card?
You need to connect the front panel leads to the proper location on the sound card. If you plug it to the motherbord, then it will use onboard audio.
Exactly what ';high-end'; sound card are you planning to buy? Because if it's an X-Fi, I'm going to rip off your head and sh!t down your neck.





Don't tell me I didn't warn you.
i suggest you Google because i don't want to give you a wrong answer..

No comments:

Post a Comment