Friday, January 22, 2010

Should I buy a bigger computer case or buy more case fans?

On some games(Crysis Warhead, Devil May Cry 4) the game crashes after a while. I am guessing it is because the card overheats. I currently have a microATX case. There is a wireless PCI card right against my video card( a big HD3870). So I want to know if I should go and buy a bigger case or get some more fans? Anything you guys think would keep my card cooled for more graphically intense games would be appreciated.Should I buy a bigger computer case or buy more case fans?
Buy a bigger case.





The air needs to be able to circulate freely (for best cooling). For best cooling you should have air flow in from the front, over the heatsinks, and exit out of the back. I would also suggest looking into an aftermarket heatsink for your graphics card. Putting more fans will make your PC sound like a jet engine but won't make too big of a difference.Should I buy a bigger computer case or buy more case fans?
Bigger case would be best, also consider getting a program to up the fan speed on your video card, as mine was set to roughly 20% as default, so when i cranked it up my temperatures dropped around 5-8C

No comments:

Post a Comment