Friday, January 22, 2010

Can I use the same computer power supply in another computer case?

I already have a running PC. I want to get a new computer case. Will I be able to remove the current power supply and install it in the new computer case? They are both ATX Mid Towers. My current case came with the power supply. Can I switch it to the other if it does not come with a power supply?Can I use the same computer power supply in another computer case?
Should work.





But then again you have to double check, if the 2 PCs have different processorsCan I use the same computer power supply in another computer case?
Most likely, yes. However, unless your P/S is a quite powerful one (i.e. at least 500W, this should be a good time to upgrade it to be SLI ready (i.e. at least 700 Watts, modular, lighted, and all that if you are into that)
yes
If the connectors to motherboard are the same and to the Devices it will be no problem but if the new Motherboard required More juice(watts) then you need to buy a new power supply, but if you intended to use the old mobo it will be no problem.


Note: the old power supply came to accommodate certain devices, as be add more it required more power(watts).

No comments:

Post a Comment