Sunday, January 24, 2010

What's the size of a normal I/O plate hole on an ATX computer case?

There is NOWHERE on the internet that has dimensions of computer cases!!! It's getting pretty frustrating trying to build a computer case from scratch when it seems like no one has done it before.





Sorry if it sounded like a rant, but does anyone have a clue where to get dimensions for computer cases, even just the I/O sheild plate hole and expansion slot holes would be sufficient.What's the size of a normal I/O plate hole on an ATX computer case?
This may sound really unhelpful, but if I were you I would get an old atx case from someone (maybe even a computer shop that has a junker to throw out) so I would have a solid reference point right there in front of me. If I were undertaking what you are about to do, I don't think I could trust someone else's measurements.





edit: I would even consider cutting out the backplate of another case to fit into my custom build, because if your measurements are not exactly right on, your cards might not line up and that would be devastatingWhat's the size of a normal I/O plate hole on an ATX computer case?
The I/O plates are of a standard size for atx computers. The space of the holes and etc are specific to the mother board. Do a google search for the IO shield for your motherboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment