Sunday, January 24, 2010

Is it safe to duck tape my hard drive on the bottom of my computer case and use it as my second drive?

will it damage my hard drive since it's spinning and is not properly secured unto drive bay?Is it safe to duck tape my hard drive on the bottom of my computer case and use it as my second drive?
It could over time move itself into a position where the disk hits the bottom or top of the hard drive's case. I would recommend buying an external enclosure, like this one-


http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as鈥?/a>Is it safe to duck tape my hard drive on the bottom of my computer case and use it as my second drive?
I'm assuming you have nowhere else to secure it right? it should not cause any problems just don't over do it, HD's get hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment