Wednesday, January 20, 2010

How do I get my computer case open?

I have an old HP Pavilion 7030 computer that somebody gave me recently. I want do a few upgrades on it, but I can't get the darn case open! The case has some sort of narrow slots on the bottom , where one might stick a straight-slot screwdriver, but I can't figure out exactly how to usse it to remove the panel. Can somebody please help? I don't have an owner's manual.How do I get my computer case open?
Look at the unit carefully, you only need remove about 4-6 screws to remove the case and they are on the top border and the upper areas on the sides, you only want to remove the very outer case. the trick is sliding it off, use a Flathead screwdriver to looses it after you remove the screws and remember it doesn't take brute force and should not be plugged in or connected in any way while you are doing this..How do I get my computer case open?
the hp support site has all the info on this - here is the page for opening the case: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/docum鈥?/a>
Go to a local store that sells computers and / or services them and ask. The sales people like to show off how much they know and will gladly tell you if they know.


Circuit City and CompUSA both service HP and can help you.
Well, dont know how much help I can be, but I'll try!





First make sure all screws are removed, follow the case all around, those screws can hide well. Also make sure you are taking off the right side of the case, usually the right side but varies on computers. If it is the first time your doing it, use a screwdriver to pry the case open, the usually slide open and then can be taken off.





Good Luck! Hopefully someone else on here knows more about HP brands than I do.
Try this!





http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/docum鈥?/a>
Wish I could help!





If you're into building computers than you should


think about getting a A+ Certification.


It's very good to have when getting a job around or with computers!

No comments:

Post a Comment