Wednesday, January 20, 2010

How many fans do I need for a gaming computer case?

Hey everybody, I'm looking into buying a new computer case and I was wondering how many fans of what size I might need to cool a high end graphics card? Any case recommendations would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance for the answers.How many fans do I need for a gaming computer case?
I normally built them with 1 at the front to blow over the hard drives, and 1 at the back to suck out the CPU warm air, by that combination, you are creating a flow to ease the heat.





On powerful cards, I would go for a 12cm fan as the air blow can reach the card, drawing excess heat away too.How many fans do I need for a gaming computer case?
As much as it can hold, maybe 8.
Buy one big fan (cheap one from a hardware store) and remove the side plate of the case, aim fan into computer. Attach fan whenever you are playing
how many do you want ??? , you will be fine with what comes stock , intake , exhausts , video and processor , but to be cool you can have more like me , and more dosent hurt.


p.s. i have 8
You want to have 1 intake fan in the front . 2 exhaust fans in the back and 1 fan in the side for your cpu and motherboard will help. Anymore fans such as ontop of the case will divert the airflow and is a waste of money. Remember you want the air to easily flow in one side and out the other.
1 cooler on your GPU, 1 on your CPU, and a big one too vent the rest of the case


it works with my:


E6600


8800GTX


2gigs of ram





when i game, my 8800GTX has a temp of 75 Co( witch is normal)


my GPU is about 40 (what is normal too)
2. one for the processor and the other for the power pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment