Sunday, January 24, 2010

What is the best motherboard, computer case, cooler and power supply thats compatible with a LGA 775 socket?

I just ordered a processor with these specs.





Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9770 Yorkfield 3.2GHz 12MB L2 Cache LGA 775 136W Quad-Core





And I want to be ready. If it would matter, I prefer parts that speeds up gaming.





Thank you.What is the best motherboard, computer case, cooler and power supply thats compatible with a LGA 775 socket?
if you can affor something like that, then Id go with a nforce 780i, a zalman cnps 9700 cpu cooler, and an nvidia geforce GTX 280. although I would return that proc you just got and get a less expensive intel quad core (seriously, extremes are overkill, and overpriced, but you can overclock them) , because then you would be able to buy the most powerful graphics card on the planet (the GTX 280) and still have $150 left over. as for cases, you obviously sound like you need something thats going to kill a lot of heat, so I would get a thermaltake armor+ and deck it out with as many 120mm fans as you can. I would also go with a 1100 watt power supply. and get a second GTX 280 if you want to be able to shred anything that dares come your way, and add a sound card (go with an x-fi) it greatly improves the sound quality (I HATE ONBOARD SOUND, IT'S NOT MINUTE DETAILS IM TALKING ABOUT HERE, IT'S CONSTANT CRACKLES AND POPPING IM TALKING ABOUT) AND DO NOT FORGET TO USE AN ANTI-STATIC WRIST STRAP. YOU WILL MESS UP (AND MOST LIKELY DESTROY) YOUR COMPONENTS IF YOU DO NOT TAKE ANY PRECAUTIONS AGAINST STATIC. SERIOUSLY, IM NOT JUST PARROTING COMPUTING ADVICE, I DESTROYED A BRAND NEW $3000 GAMING RIG THAT WAY....What is the best motherboard, computer case, cooler and power supply thats compatible with a LGA 775 socket?
dude that takes time to come up with but try looking at newegg.com they have a lot of specifications. My money is on a board that supports 8 GB of RAM but keep in mind you will need a 64bit version of vista or XP so the OS can utilize that RAM otherwise it wont see it.
I suggest a Cooler Master Pro computer case.


They are mainly for gaming and can have amazing ventilation.


I have one myself.


If you have this case, I doubt you will need another cooler.

No comments:

Post a Comment