Sunday, January 24, 2010

Is there anything wrong with leaving my computer case open and point a normal household fan at it?

To keep it cool. I heard fast tempature fluctuation, dramatic hot to cold can be very damaging to your computer.Is there anything wrong with leaving my computer case open and point a normal household fan at it?
It's fine. I've seen that many times. Nothing bad happened, except dust.Is there anything wrong with leaving my computer case open and point a normal household fan at it?
Nope, No problemo.
nothing on temperature wise. i can actually recommend it on a very hot day. however leaving it in this state for prolonged period of time exposes your internal parts to a lot of dust and dirt.
I leave my computer case open, but I have heard that some electrical interference may also cause problems. Not sure about the temperature fluctuations, but maybe someone else could provide better insight to that point.
Dust is a huge issue even with a case kept closed. If you wish to continue doing this I highly reccomend you buy cans of concentrated airspray. Spray with the air on a daily basis.





The best solution would be to purchase the proper CPU fans and install them. If you are playing CPU intensive games, or using CAD programs, you do need to keep your system very cool.





Also, keep your computer tower out in the open, rather than storing in a computer cupboard. The small space can cause the system to overheat. Again, fans are by far the best option, and many use four or five fans to cool their machine, especially those who play a lot of CPU intensive games.





Why would your system be subjected to dramatic hot/cold fluctuation? If it is indoors, simply keep the house at an average temperature. Unless you use it outdoors for some odd reason.
There isn't anything wrong with this procedure, but it would be better to install the proper cpu and case fans. An external fan does little to cool the cpu.
A properly cooled case is better. However there isn't a problem with leaving it open, but it takes up the space next to your computer, wherever it is, and doesn't look as good as just a closed case computer. But it all depends on what you want to do.
done that last summer...but dusty if open 4 a long time ;-)
I leave the case open on my main PC because I am always messing around in it anyway. It sits on top of my desk and actually gets less dusty than the second PC that is closed and sits under my desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment