Sunday, January 24, 2010

How do I open the EMachines Computer Case?

I'm trying to fix my gf's PC with some upgraded memory from 512kb. When I boot it up, I get a reboot 15 min in. I went to BIOS, checked the temp and its running over 100 degrees Celsius, w/ zero RPM for system fan. I'm trying to buy a new case fan as well, but this stupid tower will not be opened. I put the screwdriver to it, but a metal bracket seems impossible to remove. She doesn't have an updated warranty.How do I open the EMachines Computer Case?
If its a older pc tower... Well good luck they are always a pain =D.


Nah what should happen is they usually have 2 screws for one of the side pannels. They are screwed in the back. After you unscrew those it should slide back then out. if not regular screws then thumb screws where you can unscrew them with your fingers like my tower has.How do I open the EMachines Computer Case?
Sounds dusty! There should be two screws to remove to pop the side off.
Hmmm, if it hasn't crashed and burned yet, try this: Some of the older Emachines have a one-piece case held on by 2 or 3 phillips head screws on the back. Unscrew them, slide the whole case toward the back of the machine, then lift up. Sometimes you really have to whack it good in a couple places to loosen it up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment