Friday, January 22, 2010

How do I know which computer case to get for my motherboard?

This is my first time building a computer. I'm buying the products from Newegg.com. How can I figure out what motherboard to get for my case. Is there a way to see what case goes with what motherboard?How do I know which computer case to get for my motherboard?
all atx motherboards will fit in atx cases, micro-atx will fit in a micro-atx or an atx case, and a btx will fit in a btx case


the motherboard should come with a custom ';port plate,'; so don't worry if the plate that comes with the case doesn't fit your motherboard.How do I know which computer case to get for my motherboard?
well, try measuring ur motherboard, then match it up with the cases dimensions (should be in the specifcations)
The motherboard will have it's ';Form Factor'; listed in the product specifications.





This would be either ATX, Micro-ATX or BTX (which is fairly rare).





Just match that up with the case you plan on buying and you are good to go.





Most cases you are going to find on Newegg are listed by form factor anyhow.
All cases are modified with different sizes to fit any motherboard. The platform where the motherboard is attached to has different sets of holes that are specially designed for any type of motherboard. But to be sure, just measure the distance of each screw on the motherboard and compare it with the casing. If the distance match then it is the ideal case. Even without measuring the case must fit all motherboards. It is a standard where the sizes of the casing's platofrms should always match the motherboard.
Most of the time case and motherboards sizes are standard, so you need not to worry about the case that fits your motherboard
  • makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment