Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Can I change my computer case to a clear one?

I have a regular dell pc and a hp one, but was wondering if I can change the cases? Does it have to be a certain size computer or what? Thanks.Can I change my computer case to a clear one?
It's not the size, it depends on whether the motherboard has the holes aligned to fit into the new case. If the motherboard conforms to ATX standards, then it should work, with the caveat that the back header (the connectors in the back) align with the header slot in a standard ATX case. The only way to know this is to get a standard ATX case and pull the motherboard and see if the stanchion holes will align with the ATX case. If so, you are in business. If not, you are out of luck.Can I change my computer case to a clear one?
No you can not upgrade your case to a clear custom case.





Dell and HP and other mass produced computer companies use generic motherboards so they can not be upgraded to custom cases.





Mass produced motherboards do not have ATX compatibility

No comments:

Post a Comment