Friday, January 22, 2010

How do I disassemble a laptop computer case?

An error message precedes the booting up of the computer indicating ';PXE-E61 Media Test Failure, Check Cable. The black screen then asks me to insert system disk. I used a boot disk for XP and received additional instructions, but no repair. I want to invistigate all mechanical connections within. Unit has been handled roughly.How do I disassemble a laptop computer case?
you wanna disassemble the laptop


if u do not mean taking everything apart


you should go to the manufacturers site for information specific to your laptop model about procedures to remove the case





since it was handled roughly


it could be a HDD problem


so I would if I were you get a hdd from somewhere and try it on your laptop before anything elseHow do I disassemble a laptop computer case?
use a hammer
Unscrew the screws and open the case. I can't give any more specifics without knowing what make and model laptop.





Though frankly, I think your going about this all wrong. There aren't many ';connections'; inside the laptop. That error your getting is related to PXE booting - and is normal if you don't use RIS or another remote boot service (few if any people who would be asking this question would be using such a system).





Typically, inside the laptop, you have the cables connecting the LCD, and the keyboard and pointing device. That's about it... so if you can type and the screen looks ok, then there's almost certainly nothing wrong inside that you can fix. There's always the possibility an electrical surge burned out a component, but if that's the case, it's very unlikely you'll be able to do anything about that.





There are cards - RAM sticks, possible Modems and Wireless cards, and some graphics cards, but I've never seen a laptop have those come loose - anything is possible, but even if they were lose, you wouldn't be seeing that error - the device simply wouldn't be detected by the laptop.
open all compartments %26amp; look for screws, sometimes they put them under decals, some plastic shells need a speciel tool that releases a clip in little entrance holes around the edges.
try the link below and see if this helps you do what you have to do
They are all different and all not easy. I wouldn't even do it if I were you. But go to your user specs in book that came with computer and you can associate the screws with where the parts are located if you are brave enough to do this. My question is what happens when you get down to the point where the wires connect the base to the screen at the hinges. Might blow it up! I will be interested in others answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment