Friday, January 22, 2010

My computer case shorts out my new motherboard. What can I do to prevent this?

I just bought a new motherboard and have been trying to get it up and running. The technical support guy told me to take the motherboard out of the computer case and sit it on a piece of cardboard and see if it boots. Sure enough, it does. But now what? I would like to put the motherboard back in my case. Do I need to buy a new one or is there something I can do?My computer case shorts out my new motherboard. What can I do to prevent this?
Chances are that if you look at the space between your case and your motherboard, you'll see a spot where metal contacts metal. That spot needs to go away. I'd suggest calling one of your suppliers to make sure that they can approve of the alteration before actually voiding any warantees. Good luck!My computer case shorts out my new motherboard. What can I do to prevent this?
Check your metal standoffs. If they're removeable, take off any that aren't needed. If they're permanent, you'd need to grind 'em down.
check the stand-offs make aure that they are not touching and grounding out the MB.
Fry's Electronics sell case without fan,some without power supply also,price about $30

No comments:

Post a Comment