Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Where should I put the fans inside my computer case?

I have 3 80mm fans and 1 120mm. I have two 80mm fan ports on the back, one 80mm on the top left on the left side of my case right over my cpu, and one 120mm fan port directly in front of my hard drives. Which ones should be intake/exhaust?Where should I put the fans inside my computer case?
The front fans should always be intake. The back ones should always be exhaust. (that's the default config) The top one should be exhaust. (heat rises)





There's the stock answer.





Now, if you really want to get serious, try everything every way you can and monitor and record your results. If you find a different config works better for cooling your system, use it.





The top fan should always work better as exhaust though.Where should I put the fans inside my computer case?
my computer is very tall so i have 4 fans 2 in the back one at the top and one below and same on the other side for small computers at least put one in the back and one in front
under processor

No comments:

Post a Comment