Saturday, January 16, 2010

Why do so many new DIY Computer cases have doors on the front?

I'm looking to upgrade my case and I notice a very high percentage of cases have doors that cover the optical drive(s) and often the power/reset buttons too. what is the point of this? a sales guy pointed to one and said ';this one has a lot, so unwanted people don't turn your computer on/off or open your dvd drive';. is it for childproofing? Why do so many new DIY Computer cases have doors on the front?
Well, I have an Antec P180B, and the door really dampens some of the fan noise. If you have it open, it is quite a bit louder than closed.Why do so many new DIY Computer cases have doors on the front?
purely beauty. the drive doors are for when your drive color doesn't match the case paint.





LOL at the salesman comment. :) What does he think, we live with habitual pokers?



personal preference
I just think it looks sleek. It could be for child proofing though.

No comments:

Post a Comment