Monday, January 18, 2010

Is it possible to switch my laptop computer to a new laptop computer case and screen?

I have a new laptop with a broken screen, and I have an old laptop that is terribly slow but the screen works. Is it possible to take my new laptop and put all of the hardware into the old laptop so I can use that screen? I can't return my laptop and I don't want to use an external monitor. Thanks.Is it possible to switch my laptop computer to a new laptop computer case and screen?
you can probably switch the montiors. It is hard to do though. PC world has a how to on it I thinkIs it possible to switch my laptop computer to a new laptop computer case and screen?
You can only do that if they are in the same casing,(ie. they are the same make and model). But to be honest even if they were, once you open a laptop and start taking things out, its very difficult to put them back in exactly how they were let alone into a different case. Good luck!
With computers virtually anything is possible, but its simply not worth the effort, as you will find laptops tend to be unique builds. I would simply burn your files to CD or transfer using a USB pen drive and start with a new system, selling the old system on Ebay.
Have you investigated having the screen alone replaced. Sometimes they come up very cheap on ebay, and most case I have seen it is easier than you might imagine
It is try it. it's awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment