Saturday, January 16, 2010

Computer cases-- how do I know if my motherboard fits?

I have a Compaq Desktop [EX maybe?] that's one of the flat ones that you put under your monitor. The computer has all new parts inside it, but the case is awful. If I bought a new case, how do I know if my motherboard would fit into it? Is there anything else I should know besides motherboard, power sources, and fans? If so, please mention.Computer cases-- how do I know if my motherboard fits?
new cases are standard. and new boards are standard also, I believe you will not have any problem. If in doubt, measure it and go look at the new cases and see it fits. new cases come with power supply so check if it will fit too.Computer cases-- how do I know if my motherboard fits?
For personal computer (PC), we have only 2 kinds of mainboard, they are ATX and Micro ATX. All cases will fit with these 2 kidns of mainboard. However, the cases have different designs, for fans and power sources, they will be different ( not fans for CPU and Power for CPU, they the same) .
ATX and AT cases are ussaly the main ones which way do the PCI slots point make sure when looking for a case look at the pictures real close and decide if the slots go the right way and do not worry about the size just remember ATX fits ATX style case and like wise with an AT good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment