Thursday, May 13, 2010

Should I get a new processor or a new computer case with 500W power supply?

I already got a 2.6GHz Athlon X2 and I might get a 3.2GHz Athlon X2





or





New computer case and 500w+ power supply


______________________________





They are roughly the same price.Should I get a new processor or a new computer case with 500W power supply?
Why do you even want any of these? If your computer works fine as is there is no reason to get a new power supply, and upgrading your processor from 2.6 to 3.2GHz in the same model is a waste of money when you could just overclock it.Should I get a new processor or a new computer case with 500W power supply?
you should save up and get a new pc, if you can.
What about a new graphics card?





The processor sounds fine as it is IMO.





The case/PSU doesn't sound as bad.
What kind of power supply are you running now (300W/400W)? That would be a good starting point. Are you running one video card or two. These are factors to consider when figuring out what size power supply you need. Is it a name brand ps or one that came with a case. I am wary of the ones that come with the case because they are usually very cheap. I will usually buy a empty case and then buy a separate ps like a Thermalake or Antec.

No comments:

Post a Comment