Thursday, May 13, 2010

Computer case thumb screw will not come out,keeps turning?

I am trying to upgrade some hardware on my desktop HP Media Center m7360n. I tried to remove the right bottom thumb nail unsuccessfully. It continually rotates and will not come out. I have run out of ideas and was unsuccessful in finding any other ideas. Any ideas would be great.Computer case thumb screw will not come out,keeps turning?
You may have to cut it off using a small hacksaw or a dremel tool.Computer case thumb screw will not come out,keeps turning?
Screw it all the way in again.. and then unscrew but pull it as you get to the end... it happened to me a few times and this always seemed to work:)
The screw is most likely stripped at the beginning. Pull really hard and unscrew it at the same time. If you can't do it with your fingers, use a pliers.

No comments:

Post a Comment