Friday, May 14, 2010

Do I need new computer case if I just want to change the power suppply?

I have a default emachine case and 250w power supply? I want to change power supply to 450w. Some guy at Fry's said I did.Do I need new computer case if I just want to change the power suppply?
some guy at fry's is a moron.





just make sure you know how to connect all the cables correctly and that your getting the right power supply type rightDo I need new computer case if I just want to change the power suppply?
The guy is an idiot. An ATX power supply will fit into an ATX case.
best bet is to take the old power supply with you to ensure an exact match most are universally fit. go to a comp usa or pc club , netseller etc. you dont need a new caes . then youd have to swap out the mother board etc. big hassle
The wanna be computer ';techs'; Got to love them for trying to upsell.





As with every one else says, no you dont need a new case.. Just make sure it is the right supply you need... Most power supplys are the same, only few are bigger or smaller and some range a bit on the setup on the back, but all in all most are the same...Just make sure your wire setup on the bord ATX power connector is the same sometimes the retail powersupplies are not very well ';quality controlled'; and you get a few that are backwards.





If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me on the e-mail address on my site. Let me know how it goes!


Jon Ellender Sr. Tech.


Texas Tech Services


visit us on the web @


http://texastech.mycv.bz
if you just want to change the power supply from 250w to 450w, you don't have to change the case, if you don't want it. just buy the power suppply.
You might need a new case if you have a slimline PC. Check with your computer manufacturer to make sure you get the right specifications for the power supply. Also make sure that one is the right size. Like I said before, your computer manufacture can provide you with a larger power supply that will fit in your case.
as far as I know (be warned I maybe wrong as it has happened before, although it happened on a wednesday) anyways... all power supplies are generic in size I doubt you'll have to buy a new computer case....





http://4einc.info
no. you dont have to. just buy a new smps (power pack) for your cabinet
Absolutely not!





Just ensure that the power supply that you buy is the same interface as the one you're currently using. Just look up your computer's operation manual, and you should see something near the power supply manual such as ';ATX';, or ';Mini-ATX';. You want to buy the corresponding type. It's most-likely to be ATX, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment